Able to verify account on Windows & Mac but not linked account on Mobile

Briefly describe your issue:
Able to verify with Gemini in 2 devices but seems accidentally picked wrong country on mobile. All accounts are linked, and owned by me.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Android 13

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, on 2 connected devices but No on mobile

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile?
2/27/2023

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices?
Yes

You could go to brave://rewards-internals and in general info tab check what region you selected. Do tell me your region.
Also, Gemini is now supported in the US only, so if you’re not from there. This issue will arise. This issue arises only when the brave rewards profile is a new one. Like, you installed brave newly on the device, reset brave rewards or reset the app or uninstall and install it.
This will not affect your already connected rewards profiles.

You’ll find more details above.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I seem to have selected Antarctica, which I don’t think is populated yet, at least not in a permanent fashion. I am not even sure how this happened. I selected US (where I live) for my two other linked accounts and those verified fine with Gemini.

I would hope I could prove, via the linked accounts (which share my bookmarks, etc. and which have been linked for months if not years) that I can verify my identity or county of residence in order to set the country correctly and verify with Gemini.

Please let me know what I can provide to do this.

Thank you for your help.

Well, since you can’t possible get an ID for Antarctica, I guess we can’t do much on Gemini’s side then. You can reset Brave rewards and connect back to Gemini since you’re from the US.

How do I reset on mobile? I don’t have the option to manage brave rewards (following the instructions on the site).

Also, I rather not lose the BAT I’ve accumulated, is there any other way to verify my account?

Well, Nope. You can’t do anything about being able to change the region to the appropriate one. You will have to reset Brave rewards and choose US.
Go to Brave settings → Brave rewards → Reset Brave rewards

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.