Ability to find individual entries in the password manager

Hi,

I noticed that when I look at the passwords management page within Brave, I can’t search for specific entries. I’ve been to sites, using different browsers, where credentials don’t get auto-populated, requiring me to go to the password manager to manually search for a specific entry.

It would be useful if this could be improved so that instead of having to find an entry by parsing everything visually, which can be time-consuming if you have lots of entries, I could simply write some terms to reduce the set of possible matches (e.g. by hostname).

Thanks!

System Info:
Brave: 0.19.48
rev: de939f6dcd1647f43de544b22dfdd103585b4ec2
Muon: 4.4.28
libchromiumcontent: 61.0.3163.100
V8: 6.1.534.41
Node.js: 7.9.0
Update Channel: Release
OS Platform: Linux
OS Release: 4.10.0-35-generic
OS Architecture: x64

Hi @zsh :wave:

I’m not sure about this since it’s work well for me. Can you give a sample site? Is this happen on all site or just few site?

Will also ccing @suguru. Maybe a bug?

I think Ctrl + F or three dots menu in right > Find in page can help.

Hi @eljuno,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, I’ve not “kept track” of which sites these are, so I don’t have one off the top of my head. This has been past experience (e.g. at least a month ago or so), so I’d have to start testing out many sites to see if I can find it.

(I just recently imported passwords into Brave, since the browser got updated via the package manager just a few days ago.)

The most I think I can do here is keep an eye out to see if/when I encounter this again, since it was mainly observed while using Chrome or Firefox, where I’ve had to search for entries manually to find my credentials and enter them myself. I think I could’ve made this clearer in the original post and apologize for any possible confusion.

You’re right. I realized this about a minute after the initial submission, but didn’t find a way to delete my post. However, it still seemed like the ability to reduce the number of visible entries based on search terms could be a nice improvement somewhere along the line.

Thanks again.