A white-on-black code screen appears during the loading of new web pages

Description of the issue:
Brave flashes the following screen up when opening a web page for the first time during the current session of Brave.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Launch Brave
  2. Visit any website

Actual Result:
The white on black page shown flashes on during the loading of the web page.

Expected Result:
New web page should load with no other screen appearing.

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version:
Version 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
Windows 10 Pro,

SYSTEM:
PROCESSOR: Intel (R) Core™ i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
INSTALLED MEMORY: 8.00GB (7.81 GB usable)
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit Operating System, x-64 based processor

Hey @calhancock !

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. You are saying this happens the first time you visit a webpage, does the problem go away after the 2nd visit?

Porridge

Hey calhancock,

Can you make a new profile to see if this problem persists?

How I create a new profile? I looked in Help and found nothing about it.

Hey @calhancock !

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. You are saying this happens the first time you visit a webpage, does the problem go away after the 2nd visit?

Porridge

To create a new profile, click on the menu icon in the top right corner of Brave window → Create a new Profile

Porridge

Tried a new profile. It made no difference. And, yes, GreenBananaPorridge, you are correct. It only happens the first time I visit a page during the current session of Brave. If I go somewhere else and return to that page it does not happen. If I exit Brave and restart it, then go to that page again, it occurs again.

Good news! Brave has issued an update. Microsoft has issued several Windows updates. Apparently, some combination of these has fixed the problem. Thanks for your responses. Problem solved. Case closed. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.