A way to restore old Brave look

I’m loving that I can install Chrome extensions, but now Brave looks very similar to the new Chrome. The design of the release version of Brave is great and I would like to be able to restore it and the small things like the colored tabs and peeking at opened tabs.

Hi @Jaxk,

As you may know, this version is an early and still-in-the-work version. It may will added more Brave feature and change to look more like Brave. Like preview tab.

See https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/roadmap for the roadmap. :grin:

And this one is for colored tab https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/905

Thanks,
:slightly_smiling_face:

Great work team. I personally like the URL location in the development build. Preference like that are pretty subjective so take that with a grain of salt.

Love Brave!

Great! Whoever designed the Brave ui is doing an incredible job

So Brave now has the address bar under the tabs?

I think the same, I like the IU of Brave and not the UI of Brave Beta (is like Chrome).

If you’d like to see an option to change Brave’s UI back to the “Classic” look featured in Muon, you should drop it in the Feature Requests section. Be sure to reference that the request is for Dev/Beta builds.
With that said, its worth noting that the newer Dev/Beta builds are still in early release. We have several UI/Design changes that have yet to be implemented that will make Brave stand out from Chrome and other browsers. Here’s a couple examples (note: these may change between now and final release):

:point_up: Updated Shields Panel Design

:point_up: Updated Appearance menu in Settings

:point_up: New Compact panel design

:point_up: New settings design

These are just a few of the many design changes being worked on and gradually implemented into Brave. Hopefully this alleviates some of the worry about Brave’s aesthetic looking like Chrome/lacking unique design and feel.

Brave UI Feedback
Settings menu is so "Chromish"

When too many tabs, tabs become microscopic.
****1. Add an scroll button for tabs like firefox.
2. Add 2nd search bar like firefox.
Thanks in advance.
Hope you will reply.

I’ve just installed BraveDev and have to say was a little disappointed by the Chrome look after the simplicity of the original UI. Love having my Chrome extensions, though I probably need less of them since half of their features are built into the browser.

Looking forward to Brave not looking like Chrome in the future. I’ll test out what few extensions I need in the dev version but hope we see a return of that nice settings menu which didn’t take so much effort to get around.