A temporary solution if you get no ads. Windows 7

If you use Windows 7,
GoTo:
C:\Users<your-name>\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\ads_service
Find a file named client.json
Backup the file if u like.
Then delete the file. Yes DELETE
close your browser and delete the temp files. I use Ccleaner for this!
Restart Brave Browser
The first ads came after 2 minutes using brave browser.
While i am writing this, 2 ads came up! And i earned the BAT’s

1. make sure brave browser is closed.
2. go to the appdata folder where client.json is in.
3. delete client.json
4. clean temp files of your browser (i use Ccleaner). https://www.ccleaner.com
5. restart Windows.
6. if you look in the appdata folder now, you see a new client.json file
7. surf the net, first add comes after a few minutes.

Comment please if you succeed to motivate others.
I guess we have to do this from time to time when we notice that there are no ads coming anymore.

9 Likes

Hi,
I don’t have client.jason in the directory you mention
And I don’t receive Ads from July
(anyway I don’t have client.jason on any folder of my computer)

Brave 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision c42bd09b3f24da1698d71d3b4f57402137163566-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#1102}
OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601.24544)

did you make all files and folders visible?
If not open your folder options and do so. I suggest. :wink:

Rotblut… yeah… I think I know about some tricks of Wxxx that show hidden files and folder about from 1992…

same with me after deleting client.json, disable ads and enable again I have received single ad.
it work for me on windows 8

New Brave Version and the file now is there ! but nothing happen if delete it

Brave 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 94abc2237ae0c9a4cb5f035431c8adfb94324633-refs/branch-heads/4183@{#1658}
OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601.24544)

??? sorry to hear. It works for me and many others. Did you already try whether your HTML notification is (maybe accidently) disabled? Go here to check: https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html

Dang, I’ve just noticed my misspelling.
Sure the files name is, client.json and not client.jason
I am terribly sorry to be inconvienient :blush:

i send you a dm thanks

Conclusion!

  1. make sure brave browser is closed.
  2. go to the appdata folder where client.json is in.
  3. delete client.json
  4. clean temp files of your browser (i use CcleanerLink below).
  5. restart Brave Browser.
  6. look in the appdata folder and you see a much smaller client.json file now
  7. surf the net, first add comes after a few minutes.

Ccleaner is a dektop programm.
https://www.ccleaner.com/de-de/ccleaner/download
get the free version and go trough the options menue if you first start.
select to delete all temp files from your browser.
uncheck the box with older then 24hrs.

I test it on latest version 1.13.xx

Does this work for Windows 10?

If you find the folder with tis files in it. @cybernaut
jsonbrave

i used Ccleaner is a dektop programm.
and select to delete all
temp files from your browser.

no ads

i had my file
called (Client.json)
in folders Default
and Profile 1

my file was 469 kb
now file 406 kb

now file in the
folder Default
in profile 1
no file called (Client.json)
no ads

  1. I suggest to make all files and folders visible first, then search the whole pc for the client.json again.
  2. If you have ccleaner installed for the first time, go through the options and uncheck that temp files can only be deleted when they are older then 48 hrs.
  3. Close brave browser when you delete the json file in your appdata folder. @ceec

Thanks for the info, but I have windows 10 and I am not really bothered too much about BAT, its nice to get something for ads but I don’t like revealing private info online if I don’t need too. I mean by verifying with Uphold.

Please find this type of method for android pls

It is the same procedure as in windows. But you need root acces on android.
Read this thread