A list of vital / desirable extensions, which would enable me to switch from Firefox

I like Brave a lot, and I’ll be keeping it installed. But here is a list of the extensions/addons that I would personally need in order to swop over from Firefox and use Brave as my main browser. I have indicated where the following are already on the “List of Requested Extensions”.

Vital:

• (New). Element Hiding Helper (was enabled for Firefox by AdBlock Plus until 2.91, now in a lesser version with v3 due to the new engine). A user-controlled way to selectively block recurring or side-panels images on websites. E.G: see just a news page, without a noxious sidebar of “related” stories and an annoying slide-in at the foot of the page.

• (New). GoogleMonkeyR. (enabled by Greasemonkey). A way to have Google and DuckDuckGo display their search results in multi-column widescreen. Vital for power searchers.

• (New). Google Hit Hider by Domain. Block domains from search results, by replacing them with a blank panel. Also works with DuckDuckGo.

• (New). A “Make link” tool. Right-click on a Web page, make a HTML-coded link to it, to quickly paste into a blog post.

• (Already on on List of Requested Extension, but not linked). Instapaper support.

• (Already on List of Requested Extension, and linked). RSS Subscription Extension. A way to force the RSS icon to appear in the toolbar, when available.

• (Already on List of Requested Extension, and linked). F.B. Purity, fix Facebook. Ideall also Facebook Disconnect, and Unseen for Facebook.

DESIRABLE:

• (New). DuckDuckMenu. Ability to customise DuckDuckGo.

• (New). WordPress.com edit redirects - force WordPress blogs to show you the old the “write a new post” page, rather than the horrid new one.

• (New). A free VPN. Brave has no free VPN, like Browsec or the Opera built-in VPN.

• (New). A time-saving tool to “right-click, paste in my email address” or other user-configured snippet of text.

• (Already on List of Requested Extension, and linked). Location Guard, to block geo-tracking.

• (New). A CryptoMining blocker. (Though possibly using Brave would already block this).

• (New). A ‘Comment Snob’ to filter comments from websites, especially YouTube.

• (Already on List of Requested Extension, and linked). A ‘Save to Pinterest’ button.

Thanks for reading.

Like the idea of sending link to email. Right now continue to use control c and control v to copy and paste url, but a button next to the bookmark to send it to my email would be cool. I like the bookmark setup in Brave which has a “View all Bookmarks,” feature where these things can be managed. Has anyone done a you-tube tutorial on the best use of using Brave’s bookmarks? By the way. Anything which helps DuckDuckGo become part of Brave is extra cool!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.