A Couple of Glitches

Hi,

I like the browser, seems a very good alternative to my others. I am seeing some issues, not sure if others are too, and if they are in a queue to be fixed.

1. In paypal, I went to add a new bank account. It didn’t tell me if it took or not, so I tried again. Brought me to a “Security Challenge” page, and had to click certain tiles. The tiles are not showing big check mark that I clicked them.

2. http://us.vibram.com/ - there’s a pop up. Clicking the X on it does nothing. Works in chrome though.

3. When I double click the “meat” of the URL in the address bar, between the www. and the .com, to copy it, the first time it doesn’t highlight properly. I have to do it again.

Anyone able to look into these issues?

Hi @apachewolf,
Thanks for reporting.

Before I can provide proper answer, I need your:

• Brave version
  • And your OS.

Thanks!
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi eljuno,

Sure, version 0.25.2. Win
      Also, this happened:

“Reloading Calendar to apply your changes…”, screenshot
attached. Just froze. Never reloaded.

Thank you!

Eric

Hi eljuno,

thanks again, do you have any news on this topic?

Hi @apachewolf,
Apologies for very late response.

It’s a known common issue with 0.25.x build. This version will not receive any bug fixes (unless critical bugs). And soon will be replaced by the new Brave (0.55.x ++).

Upgrade for the current user is coming in weeks. Or brave.com/download if you want to install it manually. Then you can import yout browser data from the old Brave.

I think this issue is no longer appears in the new Brave.

Note:
The new version may have missing features since it’s still in the works.

Blog New Brave Browser Release Available for General Download on Brave.com | Brave Browser

Thanks
:slightly_smiling_face:

New version doesn’t install on Centos 7, followed install instructions exactly.
warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/brave/packages/brave-browser-0.55.22-1.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA512 Signature, key ID e3ffc656: NOKEY
Public key for brave-browser-0.55.22-1.x86_64.rpm is not installed

cc @Mattches @sriram for help

ok, thank you @eljuno

Please do not club other issues in an existing thread. Open a new thread for discussion.