3 user interface bugs - cursor focus, autoplay & downloads

Description of the issue:

these 3 user interface bugs repeatedly irritate me every time I use brave

open page in a new tab, when clik tab to show, the address bar is hilighted, the cursor is up there & I have to clik somewhere on the page before the scroll/arrow keys work

please have some kind of global auto-play setting, this popdown appearing for every website is very annoying

please have some ability to turn OFF the popup at the bottom of screen for every download, forcing me to do several mousecliks to clear this thing for every download is ridiculous, if i don’t clear it these popups just keep accumulating and then I have clik a zillions to clear this crap, who is designing this stuff ?

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

when I open new tab window (via holding ctrl key & clik link) and the new window loads into a tab, when I clik on that tab, the cursor should have focus (whatever) somewhere on the web page so that I can use the page dn/up keys without having to mouse clik somewhere on the page

when I download a file, have a setting to disable the bottom popup, when i download a file, open a small window or something that automatically clears when the download is finished vs. me having to mouse around & clik to clear that crap on the bottom of the screen

have some global autoplay setting so I do not need to cklk more screen polluting popdown crap for each specific website I visit

I wish I could communicate to you developers just how irritating these user interface issues are, the brave browser is very fast etc

Expected result:

easier to use browser = less mousing, less clicking

Reproduces how often:

every time, every new tab webpage, every download, every time visit new website

Brave Version(about:brave):

Brave 0.25.2
V8 6.9.427.23
rev 8ea2a9c
Muon 8.1.8
OS Release 6.3.9600
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):

yes

Additional Information:

please fix these 3 bugs, they are very irritating because i hit them several times per hour every time I do internet stuff

otherwise I really like this brave browser !!!

Hi @xy123, thanks for reaching out! We appreciate the feedback.
It’s good to hear that you like our product! With the exception of the issues you raised, of course. However, were you aware that the Brave Beta build was available? If not, I would highly recommend you check it out. It solves many known issues with the current live release (v0.25.2) and adds a litany of additional functionality:

1 Like

ok great !
I’ve got the new beta version and these 3 issues are cleared so I guess this email can be closed
Yes course I have a few new complaints I will open a new bug in a few days
Thanks

1 Like