3 rows (18 tiles) of top sites on new page instead of just 6

It could improve a lot the use of the new page, there is a lot of room, user could have the choice in settings of number of tiles (number of rows composed of 6 tiles)

I agree. There should be more Top Sites tiles. I always rather use the big and easy-to-click tiles than fumbling through my bookmarks. There should be more customizability in this area. Different size tiles to fill the New Tab screen with variety would be nice as well.

2 Likes

I would prefer an even four rows of eight columns (36) like Mozzilla allows. 10 tiles is just not enough. At least Mozzilla allows you to have choices of number of rows and columns. otherwise, I’m gone.

2 Likes

Too many rows would make the ads image less visible.

Just to clarify, as far as Frequently visited sites go, these are limited to six, yes. However if you want to have more tiles here, you can set custom sites here as “top-sites” which allows for up to 12 tiles:

I’m not particular about the number or arrangement, but I voted yes for more tiles.
Also it would be nice to allow a tile be a folder (open all on clicking).

The dashboard is a very important page for Brave users; I prefer to see this.

1. For stats page: small stats line as this will give room for more sites icons and the space for the sponsor is not compromised.
    NB. In the begining of each month, the note about the date of the payout makes the features at bottom right almost invisible.

1. For news: 3 headlines per line is best. It’s quicker to scroll and no need for big images headlines because at the end you have to click on them to see the news details.

2 Likes

Ya I’m going to need MANY more tiles than 12, try unlimited. Not only that, I want to be able to group them. Personally I really LOVE how Opera has done that and until Brave will allow more tiles, I am not ready to switch.

1 Like

Live in Nightly 1.43.x. Top sites pagination implemented. 12 top sites per “page”. I created two pages (24 sites) and had another page available. Worked fine. Do not know if there is a max and wasn’t going to test more. lol Cannot add duplicate url so that is great (although others may disagree)! Can drag icons between pages to rearrange icons (a little cumbersome to me but worked). Several related Brave GitHub issue reports linked below.

Brave Release version 1.43.x scheduled for Aug 30.

4 rows instead 2 - 3 rows, with 8 icons per row, same as Firefox please.

The multiple rows would be a great addition. If nothing else please make the way to change the favorite sites button bigger. It’s annoying trying to click this small button. Very unnecessary IMO.

I came here from FireFox where I have 32 tabs

Why such limt?

I’m sure they have a lot of excuses and all, but primary one is just that they want to leave space for NTP ads. If they allow us to have a crapload of top sites there, then it would flood out any of the advertisements behind it. Definitely wouldn’t be a good thing when it comes to ad sales.

Besides, no real rhyme or reason for us to have that anyway. If you need all your bookmarks or top sites, just make that your home page. Or otherwise just use your bookmarks bar and/or sidebar to access it.

Here are just few I use