2nd authorisation box via App Store is not normal. Malware?

Description of the issue:
Extra App Store log in box appears when trying to download brave via the App Store.
I have finger print enabled, it confirms, then a second box asking for my password. I’m very confident that is not a legit pop up.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Go to App Store, search brave, press ‘get’, confirm purchase with my finger print, wait for two seconds and the second verify password pop up box will appear.
  2. At this point I double click home button and swipe up to end App Store or press cancel.
  3. The second pop up never shows up on other purchases. I believe it to be malware.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
First pic is expected login/authorisation

2nd pic is the very real looking password box that is not normal.

Expected result:

I expect it to download the browser straight away after I authorise it via finger print

Reproduces how often:

Every time

Brave Version(about:brave):

1.6.6 in the App Store.

Mobile Device details
iPhone 6s

Android/iOS Version

Additional Information:

What region is your iOS device set to ? Does the sign in appear even after the Touch ID is success?

cc: @anon1255531 @michal

This isn’t us, Brave can’t do anything until installed anyway. Most likely it is is due to some device restriction. There are many Apple support threads for issues like this (e.g. here).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.