2 times opening brave window

Clicking on URL’s links opens twice the Brave browser. One in a empty status one in the clicked URL status.

Have you found the cause of this? It happens to me all the time.

Hi @hanstcs @Huckleberry, thanks for reporting!

Is this happen on latest release? Per the posting guidelines please also provide the requisite info.

Thanks.
:slight_smile:

Well, I hate to say this, but I tried fixing it myself and now the problem
is not able to be reproduced and is now worse.

I am on Ubuntu Mate 17.10 and had the version that was in Synaptic Package
Manager and was up-to-date. I wondered if installing through a Snap app
would make a difference so I uninstalled through Synaptic and installed the
Snap. I tried to put all the settings where I previously had them and then
gave it a shot.

Now when I try to open a url, I just get a new browser window opened at the
new tab page. I’ve tried looking for the answer to that problem now, but
don’t see a fix. I really want this to work and would prefer the Brave
browser, but I don’t have time to spend chasing this down right now. I’ll
just continue to try the browser periodically and see how things are going,
but go back to using Chrome for my default.

Thanks for trying to help. I hope y’all keep up the good work, I’m looking
forward to using Brave full-time. Maybe in the near future I could offer my
machines as test beds. I usually have at least two different Linux distros
running on multiple machines at any given time.

Thanks,
Mike

Well, I hate to say this, but I tried fixing it myself and now the problem is not able to be reproduced and is now worse.

I am on Ubuntu Mate 17.10 and had the version that was in Synaptic Package Manager and was up-to-date. I wondered if installing through a Snap app would make a difference so I uninstalled through Synaptic and installed the Snap. I tried to put all the settings where I previously had them and then gave it a shot.

Now when I try to open a url, I just get a new browser window opened at the new tab page. I’ve tried looking for the answer to that problem now, but don’t see a fix. I really want this to work and would prefer the Brave browser, but I don’t have time to spend chasing this down right now. I’ll just continue to try the browser periodically and see how things are going, but go back to using Chrome for my default.

Thanks for trying to help. I hope y’all keep up the good work, I’m looking forward to using Brave full-time. Maybe in the near future I could offer my machines as test beds. I usually have at least two different Linux distros running on multiple machines at any given time.

Thanks,
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.