1Password V6 works in chrome but not in Brave

Description of the issue:
I use 1 Password Version 6 with Mac Desktop integration. I paid for this application and don’t want to convert to cloud based monthly payments for something I already own.
There are 3 Chrome Extensions for 1 password.

• 1Password (needs desktop application)
  • 1Password X (Requires Cloud Service Access)
  • 1Password X-beta (Has an option to "Integrat with 1Password Desktop Application)

In Chrome I use the 1st on this list and it works perfectly.
In Brave the 1st just reports that I need the desktop application. It can’t seem to find it.
Reading other threads on this forum I have seen several answers which don’t seem to work. Some claim that Brave Requires 1 Password 7. I don’t see why Chrome works with the extension but Brave doesn’t that seems to be an issue worth reporting. Some claim that the X-Beta desktop integration works with the V6 desktop. I have installed it, was forced to create a cloud account, then turned on the desktop integration feature. It is not seeing my desktop passwords when I do this. It only lists the single password that was automatically created in my cloud account when I joined. If I remove the cloud account from Vaults then the extension takes me to a page with a video giving instructions on how to install 1 password.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Install 1 Password V6 on your mac computer.
Install 1 Password extension in Brave
Try to make them work together.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Can’t get 1 password to work. This is a non-starter for me with Brave because without 1 password I have to return to Chrome.

Expected result:
1 Passord V 6 is supported in Chrome I think it should work in Brave

Reproduces how often:
Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OS : 10.14.6
Brave: Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Hope I can get 1 Password V6 working in Brave.
If it works in iOS on my iPhone that would be a bonus.

Sadly you need 1Password 7 in order to use it with Brave.

More info can be found here https://t.co/T1KxdukdDQ and here https://t.co/McKYCoc8uK

Apologies for the inconveniences.
Thanks.

1 Like

Yea, I came to same conclusion after more research. That’s going to delay my trial of Brave since I don’t really want to start paying 1password on a monthly basis when all it does for me is act as a simple secure database. I know I have not paid for the product in a while but I also have not needed any new features. I don’t call adding a string to the list of allowed browsers a feature. So I refuse to pay them until I really want something that the new version gives me that I know took some development time.

Thanks for the quick reply.