1Password login works in Safari but not Brave

I recently have been giving Brave a try. I use Safari with 1Password to log into websites. I can log into https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/account/login?inav=iNavLnkLog just fine with Safari but with Brave I always get an error that either my password or user name is incorrect.

I tried turning shields off and I have verified that Brave is up to date. Any ideas?

@davet,
Can you please tell me what version of 1Password you’re using?

I am using 7.8.7, the latest version

@davet,
I don’t think this is a 1password issue – can you try logging in with Shields down and see if you get the same behavior?

I did try that but still got the error.

@davet,
Can you please try logging in, then open the Dev tools console window (Menu --> More tools --> Developer tools) and share any output in the Console window here? A screenshot of the window will do (example below):

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 4.39.20 PM

Can you try to login via private window mode (disabling 1pass), just manually type the user/password. Does that let you login?

1 Like

That didn’t work either. Pretty crazy. I haven’t used 1Pass to log into a lot of sites with Brave yet but Amex is the only one that doesn’t work so far.

Okay, Lets try

1. In brave://settings/clearBrowserData
  2. Clear the following: Cookies, cached images, passwords and autofill form data
  3. Then restart the browser.
  4. Re-try amex site.

Nope. (Why is there a 20 character minimum)? :thinking:

“20 character min” is done by the site, not a Brave issue. Maybe reset the password to something smaller?

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the minimum for replies in this discussion.

1 Like

Ah great to hear.

Many sites will impose a limit on password (and username sizes).12-15char size for a randomised passwords will be fine without causing issues. If site has the option to enabling 2FA enabled (or a Hardware key) for additional security. this would make it more secure.

I appreciate the help trying to figure out this problem. I can always use Safari and I do have the Amex app on my iPhone and iPad so I can get by. It’s just weird that Amex is the only site, at least so far, that won’t work. Oh well.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.