1 usd per referral. lol im done!

@alex yeah but 1 usd is too small, maybe 3 usd?

This always happens. It’s like a game. They release an overpowered character, make everyone buy it, release skins for it, then nerf it to the ground. We build their money supply and user base, and they stab you in the back for it.

3 Likes

@ZerosNOnes I would ask you to compare versus similar cost per install/action programs.

2 Likes

@ZerosNOnes agree…

2 Likes

When payout 5 usd per reffer is over? Worldwide I mean

1 Like

Hi @Benuio1999! The last day for a user to install and for their referrer to receive the $5 BAT equivalent is September 30th, 2019.

After that date (that is October 1st, 2019 and beyond), the new rates will be in effect.

3 Likes

Hey alex, I have a doubt. If a person installs on September 30th, he will be confirmed only on October 30th and the corresponding payout date is November 8th. So payout on November 8th will be
$5/referral ?

1 Like

IKR. If I were in Tier 4-5 I would discontinue spending your hard earned money and time advertising for Brave…It costs you more than it’s worth…

2 Likes

I believe you understand correctly. If a user installs on September 30th, it does take 30 days to confirm, then the corresponding payout would be November 8th. The date of the install is taken into account.

1 Like

Thanks. But doesn’t it contradict with the statmenet - October is the month with last payout of $5 Referral ?
last%20payout

1 Like

Ad availability has nothing to do with people getting paid less for bringing you users and therefore, money…It is exponential…1 turns to 2, 2 turns - 4, 4 million turns to 8 million…That person who got you 8 Million users, got 1$ for it…See the point? No matter where ads are available, someone from a region that is in Tier 5 can bring you millions of users and dollars and you’re telling them they aren’t important enough.

3 Likes

The period to confirm the install and calculate payout is over October, yes the payment occurs on November 8th, but it’s not for November 1st through the 7th, right?

1 Like

I think you might be confused?

The origin of the person who created the referral code is not what is under consideration, it is the origin of the person who uses the referral code to install Brave.

If the person who installs Brave is from an Ads supported region, they can be shown ads, they get BAT and Brave gets their share as well. Therefore it’s pretty clear business logic to grow that group.

If the person who created the referral code lives in a different region, for example a Tier 5 region, but the person who uses their referral code lives in a Tier 2 region, installs Brave and uses it for 30 days, the referrer would still get $6.50 BAT equivalent.

6 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. This makes sense and indeed a logical business step…

Another point; what’s to stop the referral from being tagged as “Tier 1” when they are really from “Tier 5” to cheat the system?

Also, what’s to stop Brave from cheating people out of their proper tier (the reverse)? Like changing a referrals country of origin to w/e they wanted From Tier 1 - Tier 5 for example? Other than the honor system, what assurances can we get this won’t happen?

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, Alex.

1 Like

Please change this to;

1 Like

Alex, is Brave expiring the referral program on 31st December as it was planned earlier or is it being extended with the new tier system ?

2 Likes

I wanted to stay silent but if this a business logic why is South Africa Not on the list. South Africa is the only African country with the ads in testing based on Brave-core code.

1 Like

Does this update means that Brave will expand their referral program? Since the beginning this program needed to end in 31. December 2019.

I couldn’t find any information regarding that.

1 Like

Thanks for calling that out @Dgenies. I’ll check up with the team.

1 Like