FROWN - what is this? Brave blanks SOME of my website selections and presents a FROWN. Is this Malware? a virus? I view conservative sites. My work around is to create a new screen and call up the problem site. SOMETIMES, the FROWN happens when I call a new site on top of a screen being used by another site. Instead of overwriting the old screen it causes a FROWN. Thanks, Ken .
1 of 397 FROWN - what is this? Brave blanks SOME of my website selections. Is this Malware? a virus?
Hi Eljuno, Thank you for responding to my question posting. I am not able to see what is your response or suggestion. It appears there is none. Pls tell me what is your response. Thanks
Hi @kmorrow1, thanks for reaching out to us.
Sorry for the late reply! It looks like you’re having some issues with site/tabs crashing. There are several ways to attempt to tackle this issue so I’m going to ask some questions and suggest some settings to change. Don’t feel overwhelmed, answer/try them as best you can one by one!
- Would you mind telling me what operating system you’re using, as well as what version of Brave (you can find this in
- Could you provide a couple specific examples of websites that crash (leave you with that screen)? Or could you provide a step-by-step example as to how you produced a crash (start from a newly opened Brave and visit websites/perform actions until you experience the error you encountered, then recall those steps)?
- Have you installed Pepper Flash? Brave uses a special version of it which needs to be downloaded. You can g to Settings --> Extensions --> Toggle “enable flash support” to “ON” and follow the link provided to make sure you have downloaded the appropriate version of flash.
- If/when you can find a series of steps/certain websites that consistently cause Brave to crash, try accessing those websites with your shields down - just to test to see there’s any mischief going on between the site and our security software.
- Last, see if disabling “hardware acceleration” alleviates the issue at all. You can do this by going to Settings -> advanced -> Toggle “Use hardware acceleration when available”
Hope this helps! Let me know what you find out