0 BNB balance after weeks even if blockexplorer shows otherwise

Description of the issue:

I added the binance smart chain network to the brave wallet using the following:

Network Name: Smart Chain

New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/

ChainID: 56

Symbol: BNB

Block Explorer URL: https://bscscan.com

I sent some BNB to the address: (might add later if it’s needed)

I received 0 in the brave wallet till this day after weeks!! I read in this forum that other people had this issue too. The dev said it’s some rounding problem for small amounts. That’s why I sent 1 more BNB to see the balance. The wallet however only eats more coins.

It shows on the explorer that the coins are there for the address. Let me withdraw the money I might have lost with this wallet at least.

Are you using the (new) [Brave Wallet]?

New brave wallet.
How can this issue be reproduced?
In the description:

1. add binance smart chain network.
  2. send in BNB coin.
  3. coins all get eaten by the wallet.

Brave Version (check About Brave):
[
Version 1.32.115 Chromium: 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)
]

Additional Information:

Note that the wallet has access to funds on the blockchain, so it does not store them and cannot eat them.

Could you check your decimals value for the BSC network in chrome://settings/wallet I believe it should be 18

Otherwise if you could take a screenshot of your settings for BSC those settings, that would help troubleshoot.

OK. Solved the issue by updating the “currency decimals” to 18, from 56, which was chain ID.
BTW, where do people find the correct decimals for a network? BSC network guide does not even have this info. I believe it’s the wallet provider who should apply the correct decimals for a network especially so popular in the first place?
I was confused by the chain ID decimal, and the brave wallet decimal and the numbers (56, 0x38). Now the new magic number 18 that needs to be told by the wallet dev in person.

It’s sometimes hard to find the info and yes we’re going to be making it easier and removing that field when it’s a chain ID we have info for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.